Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) Injection Therapy
Regenerative Medicine offers a variety of potential benefits for Tissue Regeneration, Skin Rejuvenation and even Hair Growth. It’s been proven to work by aligning your body’s natural ability to heal itself. One of the most popular ways to boost your body’s healing power is by using PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma).
What is PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Injection ?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection is a type of medical treatment that utilizes the healing properties of a patient's own blood to improve various medical and cosmetic conditions.
How Does it Work?
At Utah Spine & Sport, PRP Injections are performed by drawing blood from the patient typically 20-30 CCs, and then spinning it in a special machine, separating the platelets from red blood cells. The platelet rich plasma is then re-injected into damaged tissue. Platelet Rich Plasma is highly concentrated with growth factors, cytokines, collagen and other reparative chemicals that are necessary for tissue repair. By injecting them directly into the damaged area we can dramatically increase the repair and regeneration of those damaged tissues by providing them with a high concentration of these chemicals, which naturally stimulate the body to release stem cells into the area.
Following treatment, you may experience either immediate relief or temporary soreness that can last up to 24-48 hours. For optimal results, it is recommended to wait 4-6 weeks. After 3 days of rest, resume physical activity in a gradual manner. Additionally, taking Active Tissue supplement and avoiding the use of NSAIDs such as aspirin or ibuprofen for 24 hours is advised. Omega 3 supplements are acceptable.
What Conditions can PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Therapy Treat?
PRP therapy has been used for a variety of purposes, including hair restoration, skin rejuvenation, sports injuries, joint pain, sexual dysfunction, and facial rejuvenation.
- Hair Restoration: PRP therapy can help promote hair growth and improve hair density.
- Skin Rejuvenation: PRP therapy can improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars, and promote a more youthful appearance.
- Sports Injuries: PRP therapy can help speed up the healing process for injuries such as sprains, strains, and tendonitis.
- Joint Pain: PRP therapy can help relieve joint pain and improve mobility for conditions such as osteoarthritis and knee pain.
- Sexual Dysfunction: PRP therapy can help improve sexual function and enhance arousal in both men and women.
- Facial rejuvenation: PRP therapy can help tighten and rejuvenate the skin on the face, neck, and hands, reducing the appearance of aging.
Searching for PRP Therapy in Utah?
If you're interested in trying PRP Therapy or a similar Regenerative Medicine procedure, reach out to us. The experts at Utah Spine & Sport, led by Dr. Dallas Makin, are knowledgeable about the procedures and their benefits and have fought to keep their pricing the most competitive in the valley. Contact us at 801-709-9797 for additional information, or use the online appointment request form to schedule a consultation.